Choose from the following to find a site:
Target shooting is an activity enjoyed by many visitors at the Rampart Shooting Range and in certain other areas on the Pikes Peak Ranger District.
In general, recreational shooting is allowed on most National Forest System lands. However, discharging a firearm is always prohibited within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site, a cave, across or on a road or a body of water, or in any manner or place whereby any person or property is exposed to injury or damage (36 CFR 261.10(d).
Areas closed to target shooting on the Forests include:
- The area in Manitou Park along Hwy 67 from the Experimental Forest south to the Forest boundary
- The Rampart Range Road and Rampart Reservoir area north of Hwy 24 from Waldo Canyon north to Woodland Park
- The South Platte River in Elevenmile Canyon
- The Jefferson Lake Recreation Area
- The area west and southwest of Colorado Springs along the Old Stage Road and Gold Camp Road
- The Monument Fire Center - east of Mt. Herman summit to the Forest boundary
- The South Platte River from Deckers downstream to Chatfield State Park
- The North Fork of the South Platte River from Buffalo Creek downstream to Chatfield State Park
- The Sugar Creek Road from Sprucewood to the South Platte River
- The AG Ranch in Shawnee on both sides of Hwy 285