National Forests in North Carolina
160 Zillicoa St. Suite A
Asheville, NC 28801
Ranger District Offices
Subscribe to this feed
View All Forest Alerts
Date(s): Oct 6, 2015
Asheville, N.C. Oct 5, 2015 - All campgrounds, day use areas and some roads on the Croatan National Forest remain closed.
The following recreational areas have reopened to the public after being closed due to severe weather.
Pisgah National Forest:
• Brown Mountain Off-highway vehicle trail
• Black Mountain Campground
• Carolina Hemlocks Campground
• Mortimer Campground
• Briar Bottom Campground
• Curtis Creek Campground
• Curtis Creek Road (FS RD 482)
• Steeles Creek Road (FS RD 282)
There is still a barricade on FSR 288 at the low water crossing at the Pigeon River.