Disturbance effects on forest carbon dynamics
Topics in this presentation:
- Science and Science Support
- Forest carbon has a cycle
- Wood Growth and Storage Depend on...
- How Does Fire Change Forest Carbon?
- How about insects?
- Regenerating Ecosystems and Carbon...
- No Carbon regeneration?
- The Next 100 Years Are Important
- Big Fire Years
- Temperature Projection in Northern Rockies
- Three-step Model
- Fire Model and Projected Climates
- It gets worse after 2050!
- Subalpine vs. Ponderosa pine
- Climate Change Increases Disturbance
- Disturbance releases C and elevates...
- Can we be Proactive?
- Fuels Treatments and Carbon
Mike Ryan is a Research Ecologist with the USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station. He has over 20 years of research experience in ecophysiology of forests and factors influencing forest carbon exchange and accumulation. He has worked in temperate, boreal and tropical forests, and was chapter lead author for ‘Land Resources’ in the Climate Change Science Program’s Synthesis and Assessment Product (SAP) 4.3.