The Potential for Soil Carbon Sequestration
Topics in this presentation:
- Terrestrial carbon sequestration
- What is soil carbon and where does it originate?
- What is 'sequestration' of C in soil?
- What releases C from sequestration in soil?
- What promotes soil C sequestration?
- Can management increase soil C sequestration?
- Managing to avoid reductions in soil C...
- Soil C sequestration
- Future direction
Luke Nave works as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS) in Pellston, MI, and remotely with the Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science (NIACS). In addition to studying forest succession and biogeochemistry at UMBS, Luke works as coordinator of the National Soil Carbon Network, and collaborates with NIACS staff on mutually beneficial projects.