Maps for the Grand Mesa, Ucompahgre and Gunnison National Forest

Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs)

The MVUM displays National Forest System (NFS) routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The MVUM also displays allowed uses by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), seasonal allowances and provides information on other travel rules and regulations.  The MVUM map link below has the most current versions and can be printed from your home computer. MVUMs now have geo-referenced location information like latitude and longitude coordinates embedded in them.

MVUM information, maps and FAQ's

OHV registration and permits? Do you need these in Colorado? Information on requirments for a Colorado OHV registration or OHV permit to operate a vehicle, motorcycle or OHV on designated OHV routes on public lands in Colorado?


National Forest Recreation Maps

The Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forest is divided into 5 districts and 4 geographic areas. Each geographic area has a corresponding recreation  map with  Forest Service roads, trails and recreation facilities available for public use. These maps are a 1/2"=1 mile scale, are planimetric and show some spot elevations. Geographic areas overlap more than one district.  These maps now have geo-referenced location information like latitude and longitude coordinates embedded in them. 

Recreation Maps  for the GMUG National Forest and for other areas in Colorado. These maps can be zoomified to enlarge specific areas.


Other Maps, Publications and Brochures for the GMUG National Forest

The GMUG National Forest has developed brochures, maps, and other information on specific hiking trails, winter recreation areas, campground areas, cabin rentals, bird lists, tips for viewing wildlife, geologic road logs, resource reports and more.

Additional downloadable maps, publications and brochures


National Forest Maps on Line

The easiest and most expedient method for you to receive Forest Service information is to use our "Find a Forest or Grassland" feature at

Once you find the forest/grassland(s) of your choice you may request specific information by contacting the forest/grassland directly. You may also visit Public Lands Information Center (Colorado Public Lands) for more information about recreational opportunities on public lands in the West.


Colorado Parks and Wildlife