Forest Publications and Recreation Maps
We are in the process of updating our free, on-line maps to meet electronic accessibility requierments. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process. If a particular map has not yet been updated you can contact an office for a print version.
Recreation Publications and Maps
Most publications are set to print landscape/11x17 (tabloid).
Adventure Planners are 28-page booklets that provide visitors with information on camping, hiking, biking, skiing, motorized trails and rivers across the Forests, along with general information on permits, motor vehicle use maps, gold panning, metal detecting and campfires. Each planner contains a map that gives a general overview of where recreation sites are located across the Huron or Manistee Forests. These can be printed on 8.5x11 paper.
If you would like either the Huron or Manistee Adventure Planner in printed format email us at email@example.com.
- Huron Adventure Planner (pdf)
- Manistee Adventure Planner (pdf)
Nonmotorized Trails - Maps and Brochures
- Island Lake Nature Trail (pdf)
- Loud Creek Trail (pdf)
- Wakeley Lake Foot Travel Area (pdf)
- Wolf Creek Trail (pdf)
- Big M Trail Map (pdf)
- Hungerford Recreation Area Brochure (pdf)
- Loda Lake National Wildflower Sanctuary (pdf)
- Manistee River Trail and Manistee River "Backwaters" Brochure (pdf)
- MacKenzie Trail Map (pdf)
- Marzinski Trail Map (pdf)
- Nordhouse Dunes Wildernerss Area Brochure (pdf)
- North Country National Scenic Trail Brochure (pdf)
- Au Sable Wild and Scenic River Brochure (pdf)
- Little Manistee River
- Manistee River Trail and Manistee River "Backwaters"
- Manistee National Recreation and Upper River
- Pine Wild and Scenic River
- Pere Marquette Wild and Scenic River
Day Use Areas
- Udell Rollways Day Use Area (pdf)
- Pollinator Recovery Efforts on the Huron-Manistee National Forests (pdf)
- Wildlife Habitat Maps (Working With the Forest Service Publications
- Becoming an Outfitter or Guide on the Michigan National Forests (