SPECIAL ORDER - Seeley Fire
Order Number: 0410-14-001
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
MANTI-LASAL NATIONAL FOREST
Ferron/ Price Ranger District
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (b) the following act is prohibited on the area, road, or trail as described in this order, all within the Ferron/Price Ranger District, Manti-La Sal National Forest until further notice.
1. Being on the National Forest System Road described below with motorized vehicles. [36 CFR 261.54(e)]
2. Being on the National Forest System Trails described below. [36 CFR 261.55(a)]
3. Being within campsites and highway pull off areas along Utah Highway 31 above Left
Fork of Huntington Canyon to North Hughes Canyon [36 CFR 261.53(e)]
4. Being within campsites and highway pull off areas along Utah Highway 31 above North Hughes Canyon to Electric Lake between one half hour after sunset and one half hour before sunrise [36 CFR 261.53(e)].
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (e) the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in performance of an official duty.
All facilities, roads, and trails described below as well as other highway pull offs and camping areas along Utah State Highway 31with the exception of the following:
Stuart Guard Station Visitor Information Center parking area.
Parking outside the gate at Forks of Huntington Campground.
Parking just north of the mouth of McElprang Canyon.
Parking at the mouth of Engineer Canyon.
Parking at Nuck Woodward Trailhead.
These parking areas will be open between one half hour before sunrise and one half hour after sunset to provide access to open trails.
Big Rock Group Campground
Chute Group Campground
Old Folks Flat Campground
South Hughes Campground
National Forest System Roads included:
Nuck Woodward Road (FS Road 0110) from the Nuck Woodward Trailhead in Township 15 South, Range 7 East, Section 9 to the head of the canyon in Township 14 South, Range 7 East, Section 15.
National Forest System Trails included:
Bob Wright (FS Trail 378)
Huntington Pipeline (FS Trail 958)
Old Folks Flat to Stuart Guard Station (FS Trail 395)
Pole Canyon (FS Trail 073)
Second Water Canyon (FS Trail 407)
Corner Canyon (FS Trail 400)
Castle Valley Ridge (FS Trail 068)--the last 0.25 mile of the trail east of Nuck Woodward Road
Left Fork of Huntington National Recreation Trail (FS Trail 131)--the lower 4.0 miles of trail (below Scad Valley) will be open to foot travel only.
This Order will remain in effect until rescinded. This Order is in place to facilitate the completion of hazard mitigation and to protect the public from falling trees and post-fire debris flows within and downstream of the Seeley Fire burned area.
1. This order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A list of areas identifying the closed areas is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Violation of the above prohibition(s) is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b) (6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b) (7)]
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Ferron/Price District Office, (801) 384-2372, and the Manti-La Sal National Forest Supervisor’s Office, (435) 637-2817.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this Order on the roads covered by this Order.
Done at Ferron, Utah this 3rd day of March, 2014
Acting Forest Supervisor
Manti La Sal National Forest
Order Number: 0410-14-001