Passes & Permits

HIkers backpacking on a forest trail.

Recreation Passes and Permits- In Washington and Oregon some national forest recreation sites require a day use fee. This section includes information about where fees are charged and which passes may be used to cover these fees.

Forest Products Permits- Edible material, Decorative material, Christmas trees, Plants, and Firewood information.

Events and Commercial Permits- Special Uses permit information encompassing a variety of uses including: communication sites, water transmission lines, recreation events, apiaries, outfitter guides, summer homes, filming, research studies and more.

Please contact your nearest Ranger District Office for permit information not listed.