We offer this information for general reference only. Remember, conditions can change rapidly.
Learn & know the special safety issues for whatever activity you are planning. Always check the tides when you are headed for the beach.
See the fire section of this website for current fire information.
Roads & Travel Conditions
Watch for construction and closures on these Forest Service roads. Construction completion dates are approximate.
- Trenholm Saddle Road [Forest Road 3420] -- closed indefinitely due to a landslide in 2014. The road is closed just before mile post two through mile post four near the junction with Forest Road 3421. The Trenholm Saddle road is located about 25 miles east of Waldport on Highway 34. (Updated 9/28/2015)
Road condition information, including winter travel, is available from the Oregon Department of Transportation at www.tripcheck.com
Trail Conditions Summary
Trails are generally open year round unless there is a washout or the trail is blocked by fallen trees. These weekly (approximate) summaries list the last known conditions.
Visit our Recreation Section for more details.
Please see the Alerts & Notices section for alerts, advisories and closures.
Area weather reports: link to NOAA
The Siuslaw National Forest spans a large area and with plenty of variation in weather. Look for the weather report closest to your planned activity. Here are the local weather reports you can access from the weather link above.
- North Oregon Coast (Astoria to Tillamook)
- Central Oregon Coast (Lincoln City to Florence)
- South Central Oregon Coast (Reedsport to Coos Bay)
- Central Coast Range (includes Mary’s Peak)
- Corvallis (South Willamette Valley)
Additional coastal weather information is available from the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, OR. This site has links to a variety of weather related information like sunrise-sunset tables, satellite images, buoy reports, and wave forecasts. The Hatfield Marine Science Center also offers detailed weather information for Newport, OR including area web cams.
Weather presented through USDA Forest Service sites is public domain and derived from data from the National Weather Service. The USDA Forest Service is not responsible for the accuracy of this data.
- Tide predictions are provided here from the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, OR.
- Be sure to check the tidal adjustments page to get a more accurate prediction for the stretch of coast you are visiting.