Where May I Cut A Christmas Tree?

National Forests that do issue Christmas Tree permits. 

Mendocino National Forest

Willows- (530) 934-3316

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest

Sparks, NV,  (775) 331-6444 

Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit

South Lake Tahoe, (530) 543-2694 

Tahoe National Forest

Sierraville Ranger Station (only) (530) 543-2600

Modoc National Forest

(530) 233-5811

Plumas National Forest

Quincy,(530) 283-2050 

Lassen National Forest

Susanville, (530) 257-2151

Shasta-Trinity National Forest

Redding, (530) 226-2500 (Also sells permits for Lassen National Forest)

Six Rivers National Forest

Eureka, (707) 442-1721

Inyo National Forest -White Mountain Ranger Station ONLY

(760) 873-2500


Why we don’t sell Christmas Tree permits:

The Stainslaus National Forest does not issue Christmas Tree Cutting Permits

because it would be a significant competition to commercial enterprise in this

area, and we do not have funds to staff the necessary program management.

We would not be allowed to keep the funds generated by the sale of the

trees as it would go into the treasury. Therefore we encourage you to

visit one of the numerous local Tree Farms listed below.


Local Christmas Tree Farms


Tuolumne                                                             Calaveras


Bramble Hill Christmas Tree Farm                  Alto Tree Farm

Columbia- (209) 532-5629                               West Point- (209)293-4936


Sierra Glen Apple Ranch                                  Cal Sierra Tree Farm

Sonora- (209) 532-2534                                  West Point- (209)293-7939


Twain Harte Tree Farm                                    Long’s Christmas Tree Farm

Twain Harte (209) 586-7666                           West Point-(209)293-7105