The Deschutes & Ochoco National Forests & Crooked River National Grassland are located in central Oregon.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. For more information click on the individual passes. 

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.

~ Wilderness ~ Other


Top of page

Wilderness Permits

Wilderness permits are free and available at wilderness trailheads. These permits help during search and rescue operations and are used for tracking usage trends.

Other Recreation Fees and Permits

  • The passes listed above do not cover campground fees. Please see the campground areas for information on fees.
  • Operating an Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) on public land requires an Oregon OHV permit. This is in addition to any forest passes or fees that may be required. Please contact your nearest Forest Service office for details on permits needed for operating an OHV on the Deschutes and Ochoco National Forests.
  • Sno-Park Permit - The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requires a Sno-Park Permit to park at many snow parks from November 15th until April 30th. Learn more about the Oregon Sno-Park program here:

Top of page