The Gifford Pinchot National Forest is located in the south central part of Washington state.
Where is this Forest?


Event/Commercial Permits

Permits may be required for certain activities, such as large group gatherings, educational activities, film-making or outfitting and guiding services. In general, permits are necessary for use and occupancy of National Forest System lands. If the web site content does not address your special uses questions, see the Key Contacts listed on the right.

General Information on Special Uses


Outfitter & Guide Open Season, November 1 - December 15

The Gifford Pinchot National Forest will accept proposals for outfitter and guide use starting November 1 through December 15, 2014.

Key Contacts

Gifford Pinchot NF

Debbie Terrion 
Office: 360-891-5175
Fax: 360-891-5045

  • Comm Sites
  • Linear Right-of-ways
  • Forest-wide Alternate

Mount St. Helens NVM

Jennifer Fujii
Office: 360-449-7844

  • Outfitter-Guides
  • Filming & Still Photography 
  • Recreation Events
  • Non-commercial Group Use
  • Research

Mt Adams RD

David Wickwire 
Office: 509-395-3410

  • Rec Residence
  • Outfitter-Guides
  • Non-commerical Group Use

Cowlitz Valley RD

Jack Thorne
Office: 360-497-1120

  • Outfitter-Guides
  • Non-commerical Group Use