The Manti-LaSal National Forest is located in the center of Utah.
Where is this Forest?


Passes & Permits

Do I need a permit to enter a Wilderness Area?

Wilderness areas are a place where the imprint of humans is substantially unnoticed. It is where natural processes are the primary influences and human activity is limited to primitive recreation and minimum tools. This allows for the experience of wild places without intention to disturb or destroy the natural processes. Some wilderness areas require an overnight permit to camp in them. Contact you local forest service office for more information.


Rock Collecting

Casual rock collecting for personal use (not for sale) is allowed on the National Forest. However, people may not collect rock of any kind within the boundaries of a valid claim without written permission of the claim-holder.