The Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest is located in the south center part of Oregon and the northern center part of California.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. For more information click on the individual passes. 

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.

Recreation Permits

Recreation permits may be required when extra measures are needed to protect natural or cultural resources. Recreation permits can include:

Rogue National Wild and Scenic River Permits

Use of the Wild section of the Rogue River is regulated each year, from May 15 through October 15, to protect the river corridor from overuse and to provide a wild river experience. During this time, 120 commercial and noncommercial users may obtain special-use permits to enter the Wild section each day. Permits for the regulated use period are originally allocated through a computer selection process, or “lottery.” The annual application period for the permit lottery is December 1 through January 31. From April 1 through October 14, available permits are distributed through a first-come/first-served telephone process. Permits and details on the permit process are available at:

River Permits and Information
Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
14335 Galice Road
Merlin, OR 97532
Phone: (541) 479-3735
Fax: (541) 479-0535