Area Status: Open
For groups of friends and relatives who wish to escape to a nicely wooded setting, Boulder Lake may be the best bet. All groups sites are reservable. Boulder Lake Campground also offers 89 single-site campsites. Recent improvements have been made to this campground, which includes electricity at some sites, an RV dump station, 3 shower and flush toilet facilities, an expanded beach and an ampitheatre. Go fishing on the 362-acre Boulder Lake, and you may catch walleye, northern pike, bass, or panfish. Ice fishing is also popular here, and the boat landing and parking area are plowed in winter for your convenience. Nearby streams are good for trout fishing, and the Wolf River offers additional fishing, rafting and canoeing opportunities. If you plan to come on a summer weekend, get an early start! Even though this is the Chequamegon-Nicolet's largest campground, campsites fill up fast.
Please note: Services such as showers, water hook-ups, RV septic dump and other water-related amenities are shut down for the season at the end of September, depending on weather conditions.
Boulder Lake is located south of Langlade, Wisconsin. From the intersection of Highways 64 and 55 in Langlade, drive south 5 miles on Highway 55 to County Road WW in Markton. Turn left (east) on WW and drive 0.6 miles to Campground Drive (FR 2116). Turn left (north) on Campground Drive and continue 1.2 miles to the campground.
Read the site’s Recreational Opportunity Guide here:
At a Glance
||Opened May 4.
||Boulder Lake Campground does have reservable campsites and group sites. Reservations can be made by visiting www.recreation.gov or calling the toll-free number 877-444-6777 (TDD 877-833-6777 or Intl 518-885-3639).
||Interpretive Site,Boat ramp,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
- $15/Night for family sites w/o electricity - Sites 1-89
- $20/Night for family sites with electricity - Sites 9-16 and 40-54
- $45/Night Small (6-16 people)
- $60/night Large (16-30 people)
||May 4 - October 24
||Flush and Vault
||The USDA Forest Service honors all four Interagency Recreation Passes that may be applied at National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Fish and Wildlife sites charging recreation use fees. Visit http://www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/rec-fee.shtml to decide which pass is right for you.
||Lakewood-Laona Ranger District
• From the intersection of Highways 64 and 55 in Langlade, drive south 5 miles on Highway 55 to County Road WW in Markton. Turn left (east) on WW and drive 0.6 mile to Campground Drive (FR 2116). Turn left (north) on Campground Drive and continue 1.2 miles to the campground.
• From Keshena, drive north 20 miles on Highway 55 to Markton. Turn right (east) on County Road WW and drive 0.6 mile to Campground Drive (FR 2116). Turn left (north) on Campground Drive and continue 1.2 miles to the campground.