Area Status: Open
Nearby Upper and Lower Lake Mary, Ashurst, Marshall and Kinnikinick lakes serve as a recreational focus for this campground. All are stocked with fish including trout, bass, and channel catfish. Upper Lake Mary is popular with power boaters (there's no motor limit), and Ashurst attracts a following of windsurfers along with its anglers and boaters. Those whose interest in the out of doors goes beyond watersports might consider these sites for the wildlife watching they offer.
The lakes around these forested campgrounds are used as a stopover for migrating waterfowl, a wintering site for rare bald eagles, and a feeding ground for resident ospreys. The area is home to a considerable number of elk and mule deer, too.
Pinegrove Campground is spread out through a cool stand of pines bordered by high country meadows. Access to the campground is via a short spur off Forest Highway 3. Supplies are available at convenience stores along the highway and in Flagstaff, about 20 miles away.
At a Glance
||24 of the 46 single unit sites can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or Recreation.gov.
- Camping: $22.00 per night, up to eight people with one vehicle.
- Second vehicle per night: $8.00 additional.
- Showers: $3.00.
- Picnic/day use (10 a.m to 4 p.m.) for a fee of $8.00 up to 5 people.
- Dump Station: no fee for registered users; non-registered user fee: $6.00
- Discounts: Senior and Access Interagency passes are accepted for a 50% discount on single-site camping fees. Other Interagency passes are not accepted.
- Quiet hours: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (running generators not permitted during quiet hours)
||May 6 - October 10
||14 day stay limit.
||Flush toilet. Showers.
||Concessionaire. Contact Flagstaff District - 928-526-0866
Attractions: Boating, fishing, biking, hiking, sightseeing, wildlife watching (waterfowl, bald eagles, elk, deer), and picnic area.
Facilities: 46 single unit sites, 16 of which are fully handicap-accessible. Coin-operated showers, tables, fire rings, and cooking grills, drinking water, toilets (flush type, handicap-accessible), RV dump station, boat ramp at lakes, and handicap-accessible fishing access at Lake Mary Narrows.
- Reservations accepted for 24 of the 46 single unit sites. Visit Recreation.gov or call 877-444-6777 (toll free number), TDD at 877-833-6777. Camp check-in time is 2 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Tents, trailers up to 33', and motor homes (up to 45') are permitted
- No utility hookups.
- Pets must always be contained or restrained on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Motorbikes may only be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- Water available only for registered campers.
- 14 day stay limit.
Location: 19 miles south of Flagstaff, all on paved roads. Elevation is 6,900 feet.
GPS (Map): 35°01'41.2"N 111°27'43.4"W
Access: Drive 19 miles south from Flagstaff on Forest Highway 3 (Lake Mary Road).
Click map image for printable view.