Area Status: Open
Cave Springs in scenic Oak Creek Canyon is one of the forest's most popular campgrounds. The scenery is unmatched, the stream is stocked with trout, and if the aren't biting you can always go swimming, hiking, or birdwatching. Add to that the fact that Slide Rock State Park (listed in Life Magazine as one of the nation's ten best swimming holes) and the thriving resort town of Sedona are only a short drive away and you can see why this area is so popular.
Campsites are located in a shady stand of ponderosa pines in the upper reaches of the canyon. Many of the campsites are located right on the banks of Oak Creek. None are very far from it. There are several hiking trails in the vicinity. Some lead up the canyon slopes to offer good views of the surrounding scenery. The creek is bordered with paths that lead along its picturesque course offering great bird watching and good fishing.
Attractions: Camping, fishing, swimming/wading, hiking, sightseeing, wildlife viewing, photography
Photos & Multimedia
At a Glance
||Day-use of campsites not permitted.
||21 of the 82 campsites may be reserved. Call 1-877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov to make reservations.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
- Campsite: $20 per night (up to 8 people per site. If your party consists of more than 8 people, you will need an additional site.)
- 2nd vehicle: $10 additional for a second vehicle space permitting.
- Discounts: Senior and Access Interagency passes are accepted for a 50% discount on single-site camping fees. Other Interagency passes are not accepted.
- Firewood: $7 per bag (available from the campground host)
- Showers: $4 per use (coin-operated)
||Spring - Late fall
||May through September
||Summer and weekends
- No radios or amplified devices allowed
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Motorbikes may only be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- 7 day stay limit.
||Concessionaire - Contact Red Rock District - 928-203-2900
Location: 14 miles south of Flagstaff, 13 miles north of Sedona in Scenic oak Creek Canyon. Elevation is 5,500 feet
GPS (Map): 34°59'55.6"N 111°44'23.1"W
Address: 11345 N. SR 89A, Sedona, Arizona 86336
Access: On US Highway 89A, drive south about 14 miles from Flagstaff or north about 12 miles from Sedona. Cave Springs is a mile south (downstream) of Pine Flat Campground. Both campgrounds are located just off the paved highway to the west.
- Red Rock Country Maps: Download Red Rock Country trail maps and find other Sedona recreation resources. See the Oak Creek Canyon North map for this site.
- The Digital Travel Map: Whether you're driving, hiking, riding, or exploring, you will find this full-color, GPS-enabled map a handy reference to have on your mobile device. The map show trails, recreation sites, major landmarks, and forest roads.
- Printed Maps: A variety of printed recreation maps for Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon can be purchased in our local offices and visitor centers, or ordered by phone.
Click map thumbnail for larger view.
Paved roads and spurs. Vehicles up to 36'.