Area Status: Open
West Clear Creek flows along the boundary of this desert canyon country camp and is a popular place for hiking, swimming, wading and fishing. Cool water species such as smallmouth bass and green sunfish populate the stream near the campground. The oasis bordering the creek and extending into the campground is an excellent place for wildlife watching. It provides a productive home to a number of species of colorful songbirds and raptors. Beyond those lush environs, the Sonoran desert bristles with cactus and adds variety to any hike.
Clear Creek Campground is grassy and flat with shade provided by tall cottonwoods. It has a relaxed and open atmosphere that keeps people coming back year after year. Just a short gravel road separates the campground from nearby paved Forest Highway 9.
At a Glance
||Reservation required for the group site. Visit Recreation.gov or call 877-444-6777.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
- Campsite: $16 per night
- 2nd vehicle: $8 for second vehicle at single unit sites
- Group Site (1-30 people): $75 per night, per group
- Group Site (31-80 people): $125 per night, per group
- Day Use - Single Site: $10 per vehicle (up to 5 people), $2 per person (walk-in)
- Day Use - Group Site (80 people max.): $75 per day, per group
- Discounts: Senior and Access Interagency passes are accepted for a 50% discount on single-site camping fees. Other Interagency passes are not accepted. No Senior/Access discounts for group camping.
||Spring through fall
||Summer and weekends
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Motorbikes may only be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- 7 day stay limit.
||Camp Verde, AZ
||Concessionaire - Contact Red Rock District - 928-203-2900
Location: 56 miles south of Flagstaff, 6 miles southeast of Camp Verde exit on I-17 in the Verde Valley. Elevation is 3,200 feet.
GPS (Map): 34°30'58.8"N 111°46'05.0"W
Address: 4600 E. FS 626, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Access: Drive 50 miles south of Flagstaff on Interstate 17 and take any of the three Camp Verde exits. Drive through Camp Verde and continue east about 5 miles on State Highway 260 (the General Crook Highway). Turn north on FR 626 to the campground.
Click map thumbnail for larger view.