Area Status: Closed
Pine Flat Campground in scenic Oak Creek Canyon is one of the Forest's most popular campgrounds. The scenery is unmatched, the stream is stocked with trout. If the fishing aren't biting, you can always go swimming, hiking or birdwatching. Slide Rock State Park (listed in Life Magazine as one of the nation's ten best swimming holes) and the thriving resort town of Sedona are only a short drive away. It comes as no surprise this area is so popular.
Campsites are located in a shady stand of ponderosa pines in the upper reaches of the canyon. Many of the campsites are located right on the banks of Oak Creek, and none are very far from it. There are several hiking trails in the vicinity. Some lead up the canyon slopes to offer good views of the surrounding scenery. The creek is bordered with paths that lead along its picturesque course offering great bird watching and good fishing.
Attractions: Camping, fishing, swimming/wading, hiking, sightseeing, wildlife viewing, and photography.
Photos & Multimedia
At a Glance
||18 of the 56 campsites can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or on-line at Recreation.gov
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
- Campsite: $20 per night (up to 8 people per site. If your party consists of more than 8 people, you will need an additional site.)
- 2nd vehicle: $10 per vehicle, per night (space permitting)
- Firewood: $7 per bag (available from campground hosts)
- Discounts: America the Beautiful Interagency Senior and Access Pass holders receive 50% off the camping fees.
||Spring - Late fall
- No radios or amplified devices allowed.
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Motorbikes may only be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- 7 day stay limit.
||Vault-type toilets (barrier free)
||Concessionaire. Contact Red Rock District - 928-203-2900
Location: 14 miles south of Flagstaff, 13 miles north of Sedona in Scenic oak Creek Canyon.
GPS (Map): 35°00'44.7"N 111°44'18.9"W
Address: 12248 N. SR 89A, Sedona, Arizona 86336
Access: On US Highway 89A, drive south about 14 miles from Flagstaff or north about 12 miles from Sedona. Located just off Hwy 89A to the west.
- Red Rock Country Maps: Download Red Rock Country trail maps and find other Sedona recreation resources. See the Oak Creek Canyon North map for this site.
- The Digital Travel Map: Whether you're driving, hiking, riding, or exploring, you will find this full-color, GPS-enabled map a handy reference to have on your mobile device. The map show trails, recreation sites, major landmarks, and forest roads.
- Printed Maps: A variety of printed recreation maps for Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon can be purchased in our local offices and visitor centers, or ordered by phone.
Click map thumbnail for a larger view.