At this creekside campground you'll have a fishing hole for your back yard, and that's not all. Add spectacular scenery, clear water swimming holes, picturesque hiking trails and excellent wildlife watching (in other words the standard amenities of Oak Creek Canyon) and it should come as no surprise that these pieces of recreational real estate are in high demand. Now comes the bad news. This campground is small, so small that trailers and RV's are prohibited. So small that to get a campsite here you've got to be more than early, you've got to be lucky.
The decor at Manzanita Campground is Arizona ash and box elders, gravel beaches and stream-bed boulders. The creek is regularly stocked with trout. Colorful songbirds add a flash of brilliance to the trees. Access is easy. The campground is just a few yards off US 89A and the pull-throughs are paved.
Attractions: Camping, fishing, swimming/wading, hiking, sightseeing, wildlife viewing, and photography
At a Glance
||11 of the 18 campsites can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or on-line at Recreation.gov
||Tent camping,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
- Campsite: $20 per night.
- Day Use: $10 per vehicle (up to 5 people) $2 walk-ins.
- Firewood: $7 per bag (available from campground hosts)
- Discounts: America the Beautiful Senior and Access passes are accepted for a 50% discount on single-site camping fees.
||Spring through fall
||Summer and weekends
- No radios or amplified devices allowed
- Only one vehicle allowed per site.
- Tents and small sleep-in vehicles only. RVs, trailers, and motor homes are not permitted.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm to 6am.
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Motorbikes may only be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- 7 day stay limit.
||Flagstaff, AZ, and Sedona, AZ
||Vault type (barrier free)
||Concessionaire. Contact Red Rock District 928-203-2900
Only vehicle is permitted per campsite.
Location: Twenty-one miles south of Flagstaff, 6 miles north of Sedona in scenic Oak Creek Canyon. Elevation is 4,800 ft. at Manzanita.
GPS (Map): 34°55'38.5"N 111°44'04.0"W
Access: On US Highway 89A, drive south from Flagstaff or north from Sedona. Both campgrounds are located just off the paved highway.
Click map graphic for printable view.