One of the most photographed scenes in the southwest is towering Cathedral Rock reflected in the waters of Oak Creek at Red Rock Crossing. It should come as no surprise, then, that the picnic area located at that same site is as popular as it is beautiful. People come here to fish, swim, and wade in the creek, as well as to picnic and photograph the scenery. At times it can become quite crowded. But if you come early in the morning or on a weekday, it's possible to have the world class beauty of Red Rock Crossing all to yourself, or nearly so.
Attractions: Picnicking, waterplay, wildlife watching, photography, and fishing.
At a Glance
||8:00 a.m. to dusk
Group site reservations are accepted. Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov Single-use sites cannot be reserved.
||Accessible,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
- Small Wedding (up to 15 people): $50 per group (three day use spaces, two hours)
- Large Wedding (up to 75 people): $150 per party (group ramada)
||Spring through fall
||Summer and weekends
||Day use only. Camping is not permitted at this site.
||The Grand Annual Red Rock Pass and Big Three Pass are accepted for entry. America the Beautiful Interagency Access Pass holders receive 50% off the entry fee.
||Concessionaire - Contact Red Rock District at 928-203-2900
- Group site and large weddings: 877-444-6777 or Recreation.gov
- Small weddings (less than 15 people): 928-204-0028.
Location: 37 miles south of Flagstaff, 7 miles southwest of Sedona. Elevation is 4,000 feet.
GPS (Map): 34°49'35.7"N 111°48'25.5"W
Access: Drive west from Sedona on US 89A. Just outside town, turn south on FR 216 (Upper Red Rock Loop Road). Drive about 1.5 miles and follow the signs to Red Rock Crossing. All roads except the short segment leading from Red Rock Crossing Road to the picnic area are paved.
This facility has accessible picnic tables and restrooms.
Can I hold my wedding at Crescent Moon?
Yes! However, due to high demand, weddings at Crescent Moon are by reservation only.
- For parties of 15 or fewer people (including officiant and photographer), reservations may be made by calling the concessioniare at 928-204-0028.
- Groups larger than 15 are required to rent the ramada; this may be done by calling 877-444-6777 or online at Recreation.gov.
- See "Wedding Policy for Crescent Moon"
Photos & Multimedia