Area Status: Open
Greenough Lake Campground is south of Red Lodge, along the banks of the Main Fork of Rock Creek. It is near the base of the switchbacks of the Beartooth Scenic Highway. Greenough Lake is a family friendly lake only 0.2 miles from the campground. Mount Maurice Trail (#6) Corral Creek Trail (#9), Bear Track Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside Trail (#103), Hellroaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3), Sheridan Campground, Rattin Campground, Parkside Campground, Limber Pine Campground and M-K Campground are also located in the Man Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds
- Camp sites: 18
- Host: Yes at Parkside CG
- Max trailer length: 45ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilet and 2 campsites. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Centrally located dumpsters on Greenough Lake CG road.
- Firewood:Yes- $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay:
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites are equipped with bear resistant food storage lockers, check site on reservation system for amenities.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $8 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price fees with Interagency Senior or Access Pass
||Early-May - Late-September (call district office for exact dates, 406-446-2103)
||Red Lodge, MT
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds
Directions from the Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive south on US Hwy 212 for 10.7 miles. Turn right onto the Main Fork Rd. (#2421) and drive 0.8 miles to the campground, on your left.