Area Status: Closed
Limber Pine Campground is south of Red Lodge, along the banks of the Main Fork of Rock Creek. It is near the base of the switchbacks of the Beartooth Scenic Highway. Mount Maurice Trail (#6) Corral Creek Trail (#9), Beartrack Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside National Recreation Trail (#103), Hell Roaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3)Sheridan Campground, Rattin Campground, Parkside Campground, Greenough Lake Campground and M-K Campground are also located in the Main Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 10 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds.
- Camp sites: 13
- Host: Yes at Parkside CG
- Max Trailer Length: 45ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilet and 2 campsites. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant dumpsters centrally located at the beginning of the Grenough Lake CG road
- Firewood:Yes- $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay:
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites equipped with bear resistant food storage lockers. See amenities listed by site on reservation system.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $8 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price fees with Interagency Senior or Access Pass
||Early-May - Early-September (call district office for exact dates 406-446-2103)
||Red Lodge, MT
||Yes. Vault toilet
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive south on US Hwy 212 for 10.7 miles. Turn right onto the Main Fork Rd (#2421) and drive 0.9 miles to the campground, on your left.