Area Status: Open
Sheridan Campground is located approx. five miles south of Red Lodge on the banks of the Main Fork of Rock Creek. You access it from East Side Road, off the Beartooth Highway (US Hwy 212). Mount Maurice Trail (#6) Corral Creek Trail (#9), Bear Track Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside National Recreation Trail (#103), Hellroaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3), Greenough Lake Campground, Rattin Campground, Parkside Campground, Limber Pine Campground and M-K Campground are also located in the Man Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds
- Camp sites: 9
- Host: Yes at Rattin Campground
- Max Trailer Length: 30ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilet and 1 campsite. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant container located on site.
- Firewood:Yes. $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay.
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Most sites are equipped with bear resistant food storage lockers. See site amenities in reservation system.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $7.50 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price fees with Intergancy Senior or Access Pass
||Mid-May - Labor Day (call district office for exact dates, 406-446-2103)
||Red Lodge, MT
||Yes. Vault toilet
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive south on US Hwy 212 for 3.7 miles. Turn left on East Side Rd. Drive 1.7 miles to the campground, on your right.