Area Status: Open
The Cascade Campground is located 10.4 miles up the West Fork Rock Creek Road, near Red Lodge, MT. The campground is located in an area that is scarred by the 2008 Cascade Fire. However, there are trees in the campground and it is an excellent location for wildflowers and wildlife sightings. Basin Lakes National Recreation Trail (#61), Silver Run National Recreation Trail (#102) Timberline Trail (#12), West Fork Trail (#01), Camp Senia Trail (#16),Wild Bill Lake Picnic Ground and National Recreation Trail and Basin Campground are also located in the West Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds
- Camp sites: 30
- Host: Yes
- Max Trailer Length: 30 feet
- Accessible Facilities: Toilet and 2 campsites. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Dumpster located at Basin Campground
- Firewood: Yes- $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay:
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites have food storage lockers, check site amenities on reservation system.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
Directions from the Beartooth Ranger District Office:
Drive north on US Hwy 212 towards Red Lodge for .3 miles. Turn west (left) onto the West Fork Road (towards Red Lodge Mountain Ski Resort) and drive 2.8 miles. Turn left to continue on the West Fork Road (follow signs). At 4.5 miles, the pavement ends and the road becomes a dirt road. Continue another 3.1 miles to Cascade Campground, on your left.
Beartooth District Office
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $8 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price fees for Interagency Senior or Access Pass holders
||Late-May - Early-September (call district office for exact dates 406-446-2103)
||Red Lodge, MT
||Yes. Vault toilet
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds