Area Status: Open
Basin Campground is nestled in the trees along the banks of the West Fork of Rock Creek. Basin Lakes National Recreation Trail (#61) is a short distance from the campground. West Fork Trail (area is unavailable) (# 1), Camp Senia Trail (# 16),Wild Bill Lake Picnic Ground and National Recreation Trail and Cascade Campground are also located in the West Fork Rock Creek drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds.
- Camp sites: 30
- Host: Yes
- Max Trailer Length: 30 feet
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant dumpster located on site
- Firewood: Yes- $5.00 / bundle. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay:
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites are equipped with food storage lockers, check site amenities list on reservation system.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
For More Information:
Beartooth Ranger District
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $8 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price fees for Interagency Senior and Access Pass holders
||Mid-May - Mid-September. Please call district office for specific date (406-446-2103)
||Red Lodge, MT
||Yes. Vault toilet
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds
Drive north on US Hwy 212 towards Red Lodge for 0.3 miles. Turn west (left) onto the West Fork Rd and drive 2.8 miles. Stay to the left (follow signs) and continue on the West Fork Rd. Drive 4.4 miles to Basin Campground on your right.
Handicap Accessible Facilities:
Toilet and 3 campsites. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.