Area Status: Open
Woodbine Campground is located along the Stillwater River. It is a short walk from the Stillwater Trail (#24) and Woodbine Falls Trail (#93). Fully paved campground with paved spurs at the end of the Stillwater River Road #2400. Old Nye Picnic Ground and Fishing Access are also located in the Stillwater River drainage.
There is a 16 day maximum stay in all Beartooth Ranger District campgrounds. For a road map of the area, which shows campground locations, please see our Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). For trail maps of the area, please see our Stillwater Area Map or our Lake Plateau Area Map.
- Camp sites: 44
- Host: Yes
- Max Trailer Length: 40ft
- Accessible Facilities: Toilets and several campsites. Visit www.recreation.gov for details.
- Trash Pickup: Bear resistant dumpster located at camp ground
- Firewood:Yes $5.00 / bundle, Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination or purchasing it from the campground host.
Reservations must be made more than 5 nights in advance of your stay.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance of your stay.
Reserve a campsite here
*20% of this campground is non-reservable and is for walk-in customers. Be advised that this campground is very popular and may fill up on during the summer months, especially on weekends and holidays. You should plan accordingly, make a reservation if possible, or arrive early to ensure there is a space available for the night. Some sites equipped with bear resistant food storage lockers. See site amenities in reservation system.
*A map of the campground can be found on www.recreation.gov
Directions from Beartooth Ranger District office:
Drive north on US Hwy 212 for 2.1 miles. Turn left (west) onto MT-78 and drive 30 miles. Turn left (west) onto MT-419 towards Fishtail. Drive through Nye and past the Stillwater Mine for 28.7 miles turn right into the campground.
Beartooth Ranger District Office
6811 US Hwy 212
Red Lodge, MT 59068
At a Glance
- $9 each additional vehicle
- $6 day use campground fee for over ½ hour
- 1/2 price with Senior and Access Pass
Sites #1 and #44: max 16 people, 3 cars
- 1-8 people: $17
- 9-16 people: $34
||Early-May - Mid-September. Please call district office for specific date (406-446-2103)
||Nye, MT, Absarokee, MT
||Gallatin Canyon Campgrounds