Provides hiker and horse access to:
Three Sisters Wilderness via
A non-wilderness trail leads through the forest to Quinn Meadow Horse Camp, passing some interesting lava formations. Facilities are available for equestrians.
Parking area is near Devils Lake. There is a small, walk-in campground at this trailhead with ten sites. There is no fee for this campground, but a recreation pass is required for parking.
Recreation Fee Site: Parking at this site requires a recreation pass May 1 – September 30. Passes are available at this site, but can also be purchased from Forest Service offices or vendors. Please check here for more information about recreation passes and where they can be purchased.
Acceptable passes include:
- $5 Day Pass
- Northwest Forest Pass
- Interagency Annual Pass
- Interagency Senior Pass (America the Beautiful, Golden Age)
- Interagency Access Pass
- Interagency Military Pass
- Every Kid in a Park Pass
- Northwest Forest ePass
At a Glance
- Free PERMIT required Memorial Day through October 31: self-issue wilderness permit available at the trailhead.
- Motorized and mechanical equipment (including bicycles and drones) are prohibited in the wilderness.
- Groups must be under 12 people and 12 head of stock.
- Build campfires at least 100 feet away from water.
- Pack in / Pack out!
- “Take only pictures, leave only footprints”—please refrain from cutting, damaging or gathering vegetation or other forest items, i.e. rocks, etc.
- Please bury human waste 6-8” deep and at least 200’ away from water.
||Wilderness Permits are required for both day use and overnight stays from Memorial Day Weekend until Oct. 31. Free permits are self-issued at the trailhead.
||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment
||Bend Fort-Rock Ranger District, Deschutes National Forest
From Bend, OR: Travel approximately 29 miles west on Cascade Lakes Hwy (46). Turn south (left) at the sign for Devil's Lake trailhead.