This is a large campground with multiple camping loops on the east shore of the Crane Prairie Reservoir and offers outstanding fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities. Crane Prairie campsites are right on the water or within a minute or two walk. Crane Prairie Reservoir is managed in partnership with the Bureau of Reclamation.
There is a boat launch area within this campground.
At a Glance
||For reservations visit recreation.gov.
||Interpretive Site,Accessible,Boat ramp,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
NOTE: Holders of a Golden Age and Golden Access Passports and Senior and Access Passes are entitled to the following discounts on expanded amenity recreation fees:
- A 50 percent discount on the fee for a single camping unit. This discount does not apply to use of a cabin, lookout, double camping unit, triple camping unit, group camping unit, extra vehicle fees, or any additional camping units and separately charged utility, water, hook-up or day use fees.
- Camping: $18/site/night; $9/each additional vehicle. Multi-Site, $34 per night and $200 group.
- Day use: $5/vehicle/day at Crane Prairie Boating Site.
||Maximum site spur length is 30 feet.
- Camping: 50% discount for single site camping with any of these passes: Interagency Senior, Interagency Access, Golden Age, or Golden Access.
- Day use: Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.
||Hoodoo Recreation Service
||Within the Cascade Lakes area on the Deschutes National Forest Operated by Hoodoo Recreation Service
From Bend, OR: Travel about 27 miles south on Highway 97, 11 miles west on County Road 43, 5.5 miles west on County Road 42, then 4 miles north on County Road 4270.