Area Status: Closed
Located up the hill from Bowman Bridge Boat Landing, the campground also has a connector trail for the North Country National Scenic Trail. A tornado went through the area several years ago. Visitors to the site can see the beginning stages of natural recovery from the tornado swath. There will be plantings within the campground in the future to facilitate recovery from the tornado.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Open May 7 to Oct 12. Gated when closed. Reservations recommended May 7 to Oct. 11.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply. Watercraft hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
||Concessionaire Fee - Camping (per night):
Day Use (per vehicle) -
Reservation Fee- Camping -
Watercraft Permits -
- Single Site: $16.00
- Double Site: $30.00
- Group Site: $60.00
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information on obtaining a special use permit.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 7 - Oct 12
||Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
- Pere Marquette National Scenic River Corridor; R904-14-14
||American Land and Leisure - (801) 226-3564
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St./56th St./Carr's Rd. for 5 miles.
- The entrance is located on the right.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River, North Country National Scenic Trail
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- Bowman Lake Campground
- Rosebush Angler Access
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -