Area Status: Closed
Located up the hill from Bowman Bridge Boat Landing, the campground also has a connector trail for the North Country National Scenic Trail. A tornado went through the area several years ago. Visitors to the site can see the beginning stages of natural recovery from the tornado swath. There will be plantings within the campground in the future to facilitate recovery from the tornado.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Open May 9 to October 13. Gated when closed.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply. Watercraft hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Baldwin Canoe Rental
- Ivan's Canoe Rental
Concessionaire Fee - Camping (per night):
Day Use (per vehicle) -
Reservation Fee- Camping -
Watercraft Permits -
Single Site: $16.00
Double Site: $30.00
Group Site: $60.00
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information.
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 15 to October 28
||Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend
||Forest-wide Closures - Camping
Camping in Developed Recreation Areas
Being publicly nude
- Camping in a developed campground for a period longer than 14 consecutive days unless posted otherwise.
- Entering or being in a developed recreation site or portion thereof when posted CLOSED.
- Entering or remaining in a campground between 10 PM and 6 AM when posted - except for properly registered campers.
- Using a developed campsite by more than eight (8) people on a single unit or by more than sixteen (16) people on a double site.
- Parking or leaving a vehicle in violation of posted instructions, including the use of a handicap-parking site without a valid state permit properly displayed.
- Parking a vehicle outside the parking space assigned to one's own camp unit or other designated parking area.
- Occupying a developed campsite by parking more than one camper, trailer, or motor home (RV) on a single unit site. Parking more than two camping vehicles or camping trailers on a double unit site or exceeding limits to group sites unless otherwise posted.
- Parking, possessing, or leaving more than two vehicles per single unit camp site or four vehicles per double unit sites, except bicycles, motorcycles, or ATV's on trailers, unless posted otherwise.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||American Land and Leisure - (801) 226-3564
||Baldwin/White Cloud Ranger District
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St./56th St./Carr's Rd. for 5 miles.
- The entrance is located on the right.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River, North Country National Scenic Trail
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- Bowman Lake Campground
- Rosebush Angler Access
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -