Area Status: Open
This is the most popular campground on the Pere Marquette River, and is open during the spring and fall fishing seasons. This small, walk-in campground tends to be quiet despite its popularity. There are many opportunities for fishing along the river. The surrounding forest is a mix of white pine and oak. Trails along the river provide access for anglers and short nature walks. Gleason's Landing River Access provides access to the Pere Marquette National Scenic River.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Open May 9 to October 13.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Baldwin Canoe Rental
- Ivan's Canoe Rental
Concessionaire Fee - Camping (per night):
Day Use (per vehicle)
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
Single Site: $16.00
Group Site: $60.00
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information.
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 15 to October 15
||Summer Weekends, Spring and Fall Fishing Seasons
||Forest-wide Closures - Camping
Camping in Developed Recreation Areas
Being publicly nude
- Camping in a developed campground for a period longer than 14 consecutive days unless posted otherwise.
- Entering or being in a developed recreation site or portion thereof when posted CLOSED.
- Entering or remaining in a campground between 10 PM and 6 AM when posted - except for properly registered campers.
- Using a developed campsite by more than eight (8) people on a single unit or by more than sixteen (16) people on a double site.
- Parking or leaving a vehicle in violation of posted instructions, including the use of a handicap-parking site without a valid state permit properly displayed.
- Parking a vehicle outside the parking space assigned to one's own camp unit or other designated parking area.
- Occupying a developed campsite by parking more than one camper, trailer, or motor home (RV) on a single unit site. Parking more than two camping vehicles or camping trailers on a double unit site or exceeding limits to group sites unless otherwise posted.
- Parking, possessing, or leaving more than two vehicles per single unit camp site or four vehicles per double unit sites, except bicycles, motorcycles, or ATV's on trailers, unless posted otherwise.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||American Land and Leisure - (801) 226-3564
||Baldwin/White Cloud Ranger District
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St./Carr's Rd. for 2.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on Jenks Rd. for 1 mile.
- Turn right and travel west on 60th St. for 1 mile.
- Turn left and travel south on Brooks Rd. for 1 mile.
- The road ends at the site.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is partially maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.
- No water available.
- Toilet facilities are available.