Area Status: Closed
This is the most popular campground on the Pere Marquette River, and is open during the spring and fall fishing seasons. This small, walk-in campground tends to be quiet despite its popularity. There are many opportunities for fishing along the river. The surrounding forest is a mix of white pine and oak. Trails along the river provide access for anglers and short nature walks. Gleason's Landing River Access provides access to the Pere Marquette National Scenic River.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Open May 7 to Oct. 12. Reservations recommended May 7 to Oct. 11. Starting Oct. 13 open and operated by Forest Service.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
||Concessionaire Fee - Camping (per night):
Day Use (per vehicle)
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
- Single Site: $16.00
- Group Site: $60.00
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information on obtaining a special use permit.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 7 - Oct. 12
||Summer Weekends, Spring and Fall Fishing Seasons
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
Highlights - Camping is prohibited, except at designated campgrounds or campsites.
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
- Pere Marquette National Scenic River Corridor; R904-14-14
||American Land and Leisure - (801) 226-3564
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St./Carr's Rd. for 2.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on Jenks Rd. for 1 mile.
- Turn right and travel west on 60th St. for 1 mile.
- Turn left and travel south on Brooks Rd. for 1 mile.
- The road ends at the site.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is partially maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.
- No water available.
- Toilet facilities are available.