Area Status: Not Cleared
This site is primarily used by anglers, hunters and families for camping. There is a short, .25 mile walk from the campsites to the river, through federal and state land. The river access is operated by the MI-DNRE.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed Season starts May 1, 2016 and ends Oct. 31, 2016.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 1 - October 31
||January 1 to December 31
||May to October
||Forest-wide Closures - Camping
Camping in Developed Recreation Areas
Being publicly nude
- Camping in a developed campground for a period longer than 14 consecutive days unless posted otherwise.
- Entering or being in a developed recreation site or portion thereof when posted CLOSED.
- Entering or remaining in a campground between 10 PM and 6 AM when posted - except for properly registered campers.
- Using a developed campsite by more than eight (8) people on a single unit or by more than sixteen (16) people on a double site.
- Parking or leaving a vehicle in violation of posted instructions, including the use of a handicap-parking site without a valid state permit properly displayed.
- Parking a vehicle outside the parking space assigned to one's own camp unit or other designated parking area.
- Occupying a developed campsite by parking more than one camper, trailer, or motor home (RV) on a single unit site. Parking more than two camping vehicles or camping trailers on a double unit site or exceeding limits to group sites unless otherwise posted.
- Parking, possessing, or leaving more than two vehicles per single unit camp site or four vehicles per double unit sites, except bicycles, motorcycles, or ATV's on trailers, unless posted otherwise.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District - (231) 745-4631
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St. for 8.5 miles.
- Turn right and travel north on S. Branch Rd. for 2.5 miles.
- The site is located on the right.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Aras -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not maintained during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.
- No toilet facilities are available.