Area Status: Open
The Reid Lake Area is a little over 3,000 acres in size.
The forest in the area is primarily hardwoods and creates a small, remote, lake environment. The lake is a small, 13-acres, with a variet of fish.
Twelve miles of gently rolling trail will lead you around Reid lake. The trails are open for back-country skiing in the winter, and are not groomed. Difficulty on the trails ranges from easy to more difficult.
At a Glance
||Managed season at trailheads is year-round. Trail is not groomed.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
Reid Lake M-72 Parking
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee -
Day Use -
Reid Lake Fowler Road Parking
||Special Use Permit -
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||January 1 - December 31
- Nonmotorized Use
- Mechanized Equipment, except Bicycles
- Nonmotorized Snow-use
- Cross-country Skiing - Trail not groomed
Forest-wide Closures -
Camping in dispersed areas:
- Motorized Vehicles
- Motorized Over-snow Vehicles
- Pack and Saddle Animals
Being publicly nude.
- Camping within two hundred (200) feet of any body of water, except at designated sites.
- Camping in an area which is posted closed and/or no camping.
- Camping within 450 feet of developed recreation areas.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||Harrisville, Curran, Barton City
||Huron Shores Ranger Stranger - 5761 N. Skeel Rd., Oscoda, MI 48750
Location - Hoist/Reid Lakes Area
Nearby Recreation Areas -
Hoist/Reid Lake Areas
Hoist Lake Area
Horseshoe Lake Campground
Horseshoe Lake Boat Launch
Jewell Lake Campground and Day Use Area
South Branch Pine River
County - Alcona
Seasonal and Other Information -
This site is not gated during the off season
This site is not maintained in winter:
Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.
No water and/or toilet facilties are available.
From Harrisville -
Travel west on M-72 for 19 miles.
Turn left and travel south on FR 4243 to parking lot.
Fowler Road Parking/Trailhead
Travel west on M-72 for 14 miles.
Turn left and travel south on Stout Rd. for 2 miles.
Turn right and travel west on Fowler Rd.for 2 miles to parking are.