Area Status: Open
The campground is walk-in only, with carry-in canoe access. This quiet and secluded campground is very popular with fisherman and hunters.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed from May 1 to September 22.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply.
||Special Use Permit -
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||January 1 to December 31
||Forest-wide Closures -
Camping in dispersed areas:
Being publicly nude.
- Camping within two hundred (200) feet of any body of water, except at designated sites.
- Camping in an area which is posted closed and/or no camping.
- Camping within 450 feet of developed recreation areas.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District - 650 N. Michigan Ave. PO Box D, Baldwin, MI 49304
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 56th St. for 6.5 miles.
- The site is located on the right.
Location - Bowman Lake, Bowman Lake Semi-Primitive NonMotorized Area
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Bowman Lake Trail
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.