Area Status: Open
The campground is walk-in only, with carry-in canoe access. This quiet and secluded campground is very popular with fisherman and hunters.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed Season starts May 1, 2016 and ends Oct. 31, 2016.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply.
||Special Use Permit -
Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information on obtaining a special use permit.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
||Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District - 650 N. Michigan Ave. PO Box D, Baldwin, MI 49304
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 56th St. for 6.5 miles.
- The site is located on the right.
Location - Bowman Lake, Bowman Lake Semi-Primitive NonMotorized Area
Nearby Recreation Areas -
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Bowman Lake Trail
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.