Area Status: Open
This is the most popular river access on the Pere Marquette, especially on summer weekends and during spring and fall fishing seasons. Gleason's Landing is the end of the Flies Only, Catch and Release section of the river. The landing is small and congestion can be busy on weekend afternoons as users exit the river. The river access is adjacent to Gleason's Landing Campground, a walk-in campground located right on the river. The surrounding forest is a mix of white pine and oak. Trails along the river provide access for anglers and short nature walks.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||This site is maintained year-round.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Baldwin Canoe Rental
- Ivan's Canoe Rental
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee -
Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information.
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||May 15 to October 15
||Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend, Spring and Fall Fishing Seasons
||Pere Marquette River Corridor -
- Camping is prohibited in the Pere Marquette National Scenic River Corridor on the Huron-Manistee National Forests, except at designated campgrounds, campsites or at Upper Branch Bridge.
- Entering or being on National Forest lands within the boundaries of the Pere Marquette River for the purpose of retrieving or launching watercraft during the period of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, except as authorized by a permit.
- Entering, leaving or using National Forest lands in the Pere Marquette National Scenic River Corridor with the intent to launch or retrieve a watercraft before 9:00 am or after 6:00 pm. during the period of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, unless authorized by permit.
- Possessing or operating a watercraft equipped with a motor upstream from Indian Bridge on National Forest lands.
- Storing or leaving a boat or raft for more than 36 hours.
||Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District - (231) 745-4631
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St. for 2.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on Jenks Rd. for 1 mile.
- Turn right and travel west on 60th St. for 1 mile.
- Turn left and travel south on Brooks Rd. for 1 mile.
- The road ends at the site.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated in the off season.
- This site is maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.