Area Status: Not Cleared
This is the most popular river access on the Pere Marquette, especially on summer weekends and during spring and fall fishing seasons. Gleason's Landing is the end of the Flies Only, Catch and Release section of the river. The landing is small and congestion can be busy on weekend afternoons as users exit the river. The river access is adjacent to Gleason's Landing Campground, a walk-in campground located right on the river. The surrounding forest is a mix of white pine and oak. Trails along the river provide access for anglers and short nature walks.
To download the Pere Marquette River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5180864.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||This site is maintained year-round.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
||Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||January 1 - December 31
||Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend, Spring and Fall Fishing Seasons
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
Highlights - Camping is prohibited, except at designated campgrounds or campsites.
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
- Pere Marquette National Scenic River Corridor; R904-14-14
||Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District - (231) 745-4631
From Baldwin -
- Travel west on 52nd St. for 2.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on Jenks Rd. for 1 mile.
- Turn right and travel west on 60th St. for 1 mile.
- Turn left and travel south on Brooks Rd. for 1 mile.
- The road ends at the site.
Location - Pere Marquette National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated in the off season.
- This site is maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.