Area Status: Open
The parking lot is located at the top of a steep stairway. Visitors are asked to not disturb the wood turtles. There is a large patch of poison ivy near the water.
To download the Pine River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5172185.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed season is from May 15 to November 30. This site is gated when closed.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Carl's Canoe Livery
- Pine River Paddlesport Center
- Horina's Canoe and Kayak
- Sportsman's Port
||Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information on obtaining a special use permit.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||April 1 - December 1
||January 1 to December 31
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
Highlights - Camping is prohibited, except at designated campgrounds or campsites.
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
- Pine National Scenic River Corridor; R904-14-12
||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District - (231) 723-2211
From Manistee -
Travel east on M-55 for 26 miles.
Turn right and travel south on M-37 for 2 miles.
Turn left and travel west on 48 Mile Rd. for 2 miles.
Keep right when the road becomes gravel.
The entrance is on the left.
Location - Pine River, National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Wexford