Area Status: Closed
This location marks the start of the permitted portion of the River. The parking area for this landing is located on a hill above the landing, which requires a walk up from the area. This stretch of the river is narrow.
To download the Pine River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5172185.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed season is from May 15 to November 30. This site is gated when closed.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Carl's Canoe Livery
- Pine River Paddlesport Center
- Horina's Canoe and Kayak
- Sportsman's Port
||Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information on obtaining a special use permit.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||April 1 - December 31
||January 1 to December 31
||As a visitor to the National Forest, you are asked to follow certain rules designed to protect the Forest, natural resources and to provide for public safety of visitors. These rules are available to you on-line or at any office of the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Please take time to read and understand them. General Topic orders apply across the Forests. Applicable Orders -
Highlights - Camping is prohibited, except at designated campgrounds or campsites.
- Motorized Vehicle Use of Roads, Trails and Off-road Areas; R904-14-02
- Occupancy and Use - Developed Recreation Areas, Dispersed Areas, Being Publicly Nude, Marine Prohibitions, Parking and Sanitation; R904-14-03
- Pine National Scenic River Corridor; R904-14-12
||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District - (231) 723-2211
- Travel west on M-55 for 11 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on 13 Rd. for 2 miles.
- Turn right and travel west on 48 Rd. for .5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on 11 1/4 Rd. for 2.5 miles.
- The entrance is on the right. GPS Coordinates - X: -85.709878 Y:44.152613
Location - Pine National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.
- No toilet facilities are available.