Area Status: Open
This location marks the start of the permitted portion of the River. The parking area for this landing is located on a hill above the landing, which requires a walk up from the area. This stretch of the river is narrow.
To download the Pine River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5172185.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||No fees/no service from Nov 1 to Dec 1. This site is gated when closed.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
||Canoe Rentals -
- Carl's Canoe Livery
- Pine River Paddlesport Center
- Horina's Canoe and Kayak
- Sportsman's Port
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee -
Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Visit the Passes and Permits section for more information.
||Watercraft Permit -
Special Use Permit -
- Required Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- No special use permit is required for individuals or small groups (74 people or less).
- Permits are required for commercial, event or large groups (75 people or more).
||January 1 to December 31
||Pine River Corridor -
- Camping within a ¼ mile of Pine National Scenic River, except at Peterson Bridge campground.
- Leaving a watercraft unattended more than 36 hours.
- Launching a watercraft except at designated sites.
- Entering, leaving or using National Forest lands in the Pine National Scenic River Corridor with the intent to launch or retrieve a watercraft before 9:00 am or after 6:00 pm. during the period of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, unless authorized by permit.
- Possessing, storing or transporting Styrofoam coolers, glass beverage and/or food containers on the Pine National Scenic River.
||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District - (231) 723-2211
- Travel west on M-55 for 11 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on 13 Rd. for 2 miles.
- Turn right and travel west on 48 Rd. for .5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on 11 1/4 Rd. for 2.5 miles.
- The entrance is on the right. GPS Coordinates - X: -85.709878 Y:44.152613
Location - Pine National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
County - Lake
Seasonal and Other Information -
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are not plowed.
- No toilet facilities are available.