Area Status: Open
Peterson Bridge Campground is the only Forest Service campground on the Pine River. Ten of the sites are paddle or walk-in only. The canoe/boat launch is located across the river at Peterson Bridge North.
To download the Pine River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5172185.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||This campground is open May 5, 2016 to Oct. 10, 2016. This site is gated when closed. Reservations recommended from May 13 to Sept. 11.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted. Forest quiet hours apply.
|Rentals & Guides:
Canoe Rentals -
- Carl's Canoe Livery
- Pine River Paddlesport Center
- Horina's Canoe and Kayak
- Sportsman's Port
||Concessionaire Fee - Camping (per night):
Day Use (per vehicle):
- Single Site: $18.00
- Walk-in: $6.00 per person
Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
- Per Day:$4.00
- Extra Vehicle: $6.00
||Watercraft Permit -
- Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
||May 5 - September 11
||May 15 to September 15
||Forest-wide Closures - Camping Camping in Developed Recreation Areas
Being publicly nude Storing Watercraft
- Camping in a developed campground for a period longer than 14 consecutive days unless posted otherwise.
- Entering or being in a developed recreation site or portion thereof when posted CLOSED.
- Entering or remaining in a campground between 10 PM and 6 AM when posted - except for properly registered campers.
- Using a developed campsite by more than eight (8) people on a single unit or by more than sixteen (16) people on a double site.
- Parking or leaving a vehicle in violation of posted instructions, including the use of a handicap-parking site without a valid state permit properly displayed.
- Parking a vehicle outside the parking space assigned to one's own camp unit or other designated parking area.
- Occupying a developed campsite by parking more than one camper, trailer, or motor home (RV) on a single unit site. Parking more than two camping vehicles or camping trailers on a double unit site or exceeding limits to group sites unless otherwise posted.
- Parking, possessing, or leaving more than two vehicles per single unit camp site or four vehicles per double unit sites, except bicycles, motorcycles, or ATV's on trailers, unless posted otherwise.
- Storing, mooring, or leaving a boat or raft over 24 hours.
- Parking in violation of posted instructions.
||American Land and Leisure - (801) 226 - 3564; CM
||Cadillac/Manistee Ranger District 231-723-2211 firstname.lastname@example.org
From Manistee -
Travel east on M-55 for 26 miles.
Turn right and travel south on M-37 for 1.5 miles.
The entrance is on the left, after the bridge.
Location - Pine National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
Peterson Bridge North Day Use Area
County - Wexford