Area Status: Open
Peterson Bridge is the last take-out before Low Bridge. This large landing area sits just before a sharp bend in the river that will take paddlers underneath the M-37 Bridge. A pond area at the site is home to many species of wildflowers and turtles. The picnic shelter was built in the early 1930's by Civilian Conservation Corps. This site was reconstructed in 2010 and has had many updates and improvements.
To download the Pine River, National Scenic River, brochure, with map, visit the Maps and Publications section of the website or select this link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5172185.pdf. This brochure is set to print on 11 x 17 paper, landscape (wide) orientation. To print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper set the print area to "shrink to printable area", this will make the text on the page smaller.
At a Glance
||Managed Season starts Apr. 1, 2016 and ends Dec. 1, 2016. This site is gated when closed.
||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
|Rentals & Guides:
Canoe Rentals -
- Carl's Canoe Livery
- Pine River Paddlesport Center
- Horina's Canoe and Kayak
- Sportsman's Port
||Recreation Enhancement Act Fee - Watercraft Permits -
Day Use -
||Watercraft Permit -
- Required Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
||April 1 - December 1
||January 1 to December 31
||May to October
||Pine River Corridor - Camping -
- Camping within a ¼ mile of Pine National Scenic River, except at Peterson Bridge campground.
- Leaving a watercraft unattended more than 36 hours.
- Launching a watercraft except at designated sites.
- Entering, leaving or using National Forest lands in the Pine National Scenic River Corridor with the intent to launch or retrieve a watercraft before 9:00 am or after 6:00 pm. during the period of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, unless authorized by permit.
- Possessing, storing or transporting Styrofoam coolers, glass beverage and/or food containers on the Pine National Scenic River.
||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District - (231) 723-2211
||Cadillac/Manistee Ranger District 231-723-2211 email@example.com
From Manistee -
Travel east on M-55 for 26 miles.
Turn right and travel south on M-37 for 1.5 miles.
The entrance is on the left, before the bridge.
Seasonal and Other -
Locaton - Pine National Scenic River
Nearby Recreation Areas -
Peterson Bridge South Campground
County - Wexford