Area Status: Open
Silver Creek Campground is located in a scenic fir and pine forest on the mountainside just above Noble Creek at an elevation of 6,800 feet. Popular activities include fishing nearby creeks and the East Fork Carson River, and hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail, which can be accessed just 3 miles west of the site.
This campground straddles Highway 4, creating two separate loops containing several single-family sites with picnic tables, fire rings with grills, and bear boxes. Vault toilets, potable water, and garbage service are provided. A campground host is located on-site; firewood is available for purchase. Roads and parking spurs are paved.
At a Glance
Reservations must be made at least 4 days prior arriving. Call toll free 1-800-444-6777 or online at www.recreation.gov.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
$18/Night for single unit, $34/Night for double unit, $5/Night for extra vehicle
||June 19 - September 13
From Carson City or Minden, Nevada:
1. Take Highway 88 approximately 14 miles to Woodfords, California.
2. At Woodfords, turn left at the junction of Highways 4/89.
3. Travel approximately five miles south into the small town of Markleeville.
4. Continue through Markleeville for approximately three miles to the Highway 89/Monitor Pass turnoff.
5. Continue straight ahead on Highway 4 uphill for six miles to the Silver Creek Campground entrance.