Area Status: Open
Nestled in among the aspens this campground offers a quiet setting to relax in. Rockhounding for crystals at the Crystal Mine (a few miles away on FR 033). Limit for personal use: one 5-lb bucket per week.
At a Glance
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets
||$6 / Night for single unit
||Reno, Incline Village
||Vault Toilet (2)
To access from Verdi:
1. From the "Entering the Toiyabe Forest" sign, follow the 002 Road approximately nine miles. You will see Lookout Campground on your left.
2. Turn left into Lookout Campground.
To access from Bordertown:
1. Follow the 002 Road approximately 2 miles to the Forest boundary (identified by the Forest Service kiosk signs).
2. Continue on the 002 Road approximately 6.5 miles. You will see Lookout Campground on your right.
3. Turn right into the campground.
[Photo] Montage of photos from Lookout Campground. Group picnic area, camping sites, and toilet facility.