Gooseberry Campground is located on an aspen-covered hillside in a beautiful mountain valley above Gooseberry Reservoir at an elevation of 8,500 feet. Sagebrush and mature fir trees dot the area. Gooseberry Reservoir, which is visible from several sites, offers good cutthroat and rainbow trout fishing, as well as canoeing. The Great Western Trail runs nearby, offering excellent opportunities for hiking, biking, and ATVs/OHVs.
This campground has vault toilets and potable water, but is a "pack it in, pack it out" site. You must remove all of your trash upon departure. Only the group site is reservable, and it has large picnic tables, serving tables, and a fire ring. There are 10 individual, first-come, first-served sites available. Some sites are sunny with little tree cover while some have ample shade. A well-maintained dirt road leads to the campground, providing good access for all vehicles.
At a Glance
The group site can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or on-line.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
$10/Night for single unit, $40/group/night
||June - September (weather permitting)
||Fairview or Huntington
||• Pets must be leashed in campground.
• No livestock (horses) in the campground.
• Reservations must be made 4 days in advance.
• ATV's on designated routes only.
• Utah OHV rules and laws are enforced on the Forest. For a complete list of these, please contact Utah State Parks and Recreation OHV Education Office at 1-800-OHV-RIDE or on-line
• This is a "pack it in, pack it out" facility; no garbage service is provided.
• There are no electricity or sewer hookups.
From Fairview, Utah, travel north 0.6 miles on US 89 to junction with US 31. Travel east on US 31 for 8.5 miles to junction with FDR 124. Go north on FDR 124 for 1 mile to campground.