Area Status: Closed
Buffalo Springs Campground is located 12.5 miles south of Fairplay on FS 431. It has 18 campsites with parking spurs 24-40 feet and a maximum trailer length of 30 feet; elevation is 9,000 feet; camping season begins in May and continues to the beginning of September. Facilities include toilets, tables, water, and fire rings. Camping fees are $16.00 per night.
Reservations are recommended during the busy summer season and can be made by calling 1-877-444-6777 or by visiting recreation.gov.
Buffalo Springs Campground is an ideal setting for biking, hiking, horseback riding and rock climbing. Wilderness restrictions apply in nearby Buffalo Peaks Wilderness.
At a Glance
||Reservations can be made by calling 1-866-444-6777 or at recreation.gov. Reservations must be made at least four days in advance; two night minimum stay on weekends, three night minimum stay on holidays.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
||$16 per night
||5/19/17 - 10/9/17
- Max RV 30'. No hook-ups, no refunds for bad weather, and no public phones available.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times withon the campground
- Quiet hours are from 10 P.M. until 6 A.M.
- Campfires are resrtricted to fire rings only. Be sure any campfire is completely extinguished before leaving.
- No more than a 14 consecutive night stay in campground.
- 10 people may stay on any one site.
- Facility roads are not paved.
||Water pump; no water hook ups
||South Park Ranger District 719 836-2031
From Fairplay, CO take Highway 285 south for about 12.5 miles, just 3 miles past County Road 22 turnoff. Turn right onto Forest Road 431 and continue one mile to campground.
This area is generally accessible year round; however the campground only operates during the summer months.
Parking is available at each campsite which can accommodate up to two vehicles.