Area Status: Open
Abbott Creek Campground is a remote and picturesque campground in the midst of old-growth forest and along Abbott Creek, but is within walking distance to many other creeks and rivers, including Woodruff Creek and the beautiful Rogue River. With quiet and secluded campsites, there are many group sites for family and friends. This campground is complete with amazing fishing locations and numerous hiking trails that are easily accessible! While here, don't miss seeing the Rogue Gorge and Natural Bridge! For those who enjoy motorized recreation, there is easy access to an extensive OHV trail system nearby, at Woodruff OHV Play Area.
The Upper Rogue River Trail may be accessed nearby at the Upper Rogue River-Woodruff Bridge Trailhead.
- 25 campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- OHV use allowed at sites 1-5
- No drinking water (Water available at Union Creek Campground & Prospect Ranger Station)
- Campground host
- 7 vault toilets
- Garbage disposal
- Gray water sumps
- Firewood for sale
At a Glance
||First come, first served
Visit roguerec.com for details and current information.
- Camping: $14/campsite, Extra vehicle: $6
- Day use: $5
||May - October
- Max 35' trailer length
- Quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Campfires in developed fire pits only
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Dogs must be on leash
- OHV/ATV use prohibited in the campground
- Maximum length of stay: 14 days
- 10 miles from Prospect, OR
- 35 miles from Shady Cove, OR
- 36 miles from Butte Falls, OR
- 56 miles from Medford, OR
||No drinking water available
- Camping: Interagency Annual, Interagency Senior, Interagency Access, Golden Age and Golden Access honored.
- Day use: No passes honored
||High Cascades Ranger District
All campsite parking areas are graveled and range from 25 to 60 feet in length.
All campground access roads are paved.
There are no pull-through sites available.
There are no campsites or facilities accessible at this site.
From Medford, OR, take Highway 62 towards the town of Prospect, OR. Continue on Highway 62 about 6.5 miles north of Prospect, OR. Turn north (left) on Forest Road 68 and continue about 3.5 miles to the entrance for Abbott Creek Campground to the west (left).