This remote and picturesque campground is in the midst of old-growth forest and adjacent to Fish Lake, offering some of the best fishing in the area. A boat launch for Fish Lake (speed limit 10 mph) is located at adjacent Fish Lake Campground, and many amenities are offered at nearby Fish Lake Resort. Numerous hiking trails are within easy access, including the Fish Lake, High Lakes, Brown Mountain, and the famous Pacific Crest Trail, as well as the Sky Lakes Wilderness and Mt. McLaughlin Trail systems. Additional campgrounds nearby include Fish Lake Resort, the adjacent Fish Lake Campground and North Fork Campgrounds on either side of Doe Point. Willow Prairie, Whiskey Springs and Fourbit Ford Campgrounds are several miles away, off County Road 821
This campground is located on the northern shores of Fish Lake. Some sites have a lake view, and there is plenty of shade from the fir and pine trees for those hot afternoons. Fish Lake is a reservoir used for irrigation, possibly resulting in low water levels in August and September.
- 25 campsites with picnic tables and fire rings
- 5 walk-in tent campsites with picnic tables and fire rings
- 3 flush toilets
- Wash basins in restrooms
- Drinking water
- Garbage disposal
- Grey water waste sump
- Firewood for sale
- Campground host available
At a Glance
||Some sites are available for reservation through www.recreation.gov. First-come, first-served sites are available.
Visit roguerec.com for details and current information.
- Camping: $20/site, Extra vehicle: $9
- Day use: $5
||May 6 - October
- Quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Campfires in developed fire pits only
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Dogs must be on leash
- OHV/ATV use prohibited in the campground
- 22 miles from Butte Falls, OR
- 30 miles from Ashland, OR
- 30 miles from Eagle Point, OR
- 30 miles from White City, OR
- 38 miles from Medford, OR
- Camping: Interagency Senior, Interagency Access, Golden Age, or Golden Access passes accepted.
- Day use: No passes honored for day use fee.
||Concessionaire (See: www.roguerec.com)
||High Cascades Ranger District
From Medford, OR, take Highway 62 about 8 miles towards White City, OR. Turn east (right) onto Highway 140. Travel east towards Klamath Falls, OR on Highway 140 for 29.9 miles to the Doe Point access road to the south (right). Travel 0.4 mile to the campground entrance to the south (right).
1 accessible campsite
1 accessible flush toilet
24 campsites have paved aprons ranging from 25 feet to 65 feet in length.
No pull through sites. All campground roads are paved.