Area Status: Closed
This picturesque campground is in the midst of old-growth forest, adjacent to Fish Lake, offering some of the best fishing in the area. A boat launch for Fish Lake (speed limit 10 mph) is located within the campground, and many amenities are offered at nearby Fish Lake Resort (open weekends in the off-season, and full-time after Memorial Day). Numerous hiking trails are within easy access, including the Fish Lake, High Lakes, Brown Mountain, and the famous Pacific Crest trail, as well as the Sky Lakes Wilderness and Mt. McLaughlin trail systems.
Additional campgrounds nearby include; Fish Lake Resort and the adjacent Doe Point and North Fork Campgrounds. Willow Prairie Horse Camp, Whiskey Springs and Fourbit Ford Campgrounds are several miles away, off County Road 821.
- 17 campsites with picnic tables, and fire rings
- 3 walk-in tent sites with picnic tables, and fire rings
- Campground host
- Drinking water
- 3 flush toilets with wash basins
- Garbage disposal
- Gray water sumps
- Firewood for sale
At a Glance
||Reserve online at Recreation.gov. First come first served sites available.
Current information visit www.roguerec.com.
- Camping: $20/site, Extra Vehicle: $9
- Day use: $5
- Quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Campfires in developed fire pits only
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Dogs must be on leash
- OHV/ATV use prohibited in the campground
- 22 miles from Butte Falls, OR
- 30 miles from Ashland, OR
- 30 miles from Eagle Point, OR
- 30 miles from White City, OR
- 39 miles from Medford, OR
- Camping: 50% discount for single site camping with any of these passes: Interagency Senior, Interagency Access, Golden Age, or Golden Access.
- Day use: No passes honored for day use fee.
||Concessionaire (See: www.roguerec.com)
||High Cascades Ranger District
From Medford, OR, take Highway 62 towards White City, OR, about 8 miles and turn east (right) on to Highway 140. Travel east towards Klamath Falls, OR, on Highway 140 for 30.4 miles to the Fish Lake access road to the south (right). Travel 0.5 mile to the campground entrance to the west (right).
17 campsites have graveled parking areas and range from 30 to 45 feet in length.
There are two walk-in campsites with paved parking at the day use site.
All campground roads are paved.
There are no pull-through sites available.
1 accessible campsite
1 accessible flush toilet
Historic Picnic Shelter