A series of trails forming loops meanders across the forest slopes of Cape Mountain, high above the Pacific Ocean to make up this 17.0 mile trail system. Spectacular views of the ocean and river valleys as the trails lead through a temperate rain forest and mountain meadows.
- Nelson Ridge Trail: 3.5 miles
- Berry Lane Trail: 1.1 miles
- Lookout Loop Trail: 1.2 miles
- Cape Mountain Trail: 0.6 mile
- Princess Tasha Trail: 0.3 mile
- Scurvy Ridge Trail: 3.5 miles
- Horseshoe Lane Trail: 1.2 miles
- Blue Horizon Trail: 0.9 miles
- Berry Creek Trail: 2.2 miles
- Wapati Trail: 1.9 miles
At a Glance
||09/12/2016: Trails open and cleared in June.
||Weed Free Feed Required
||Toilets at trailheads
||Recreation pass or fee required? NO
||Central Coast Ranger District - Waldport Office or Reedsport Office
Trailhead at Horse Creek Campground:
10.5 miles north of Florence, OR turn east onto Forest Road #58 (Horse Creek Road) for 4.7 miles to trailhead, sign at entrance.
- Trailhead for Scurvy Ridge Trail access to the rest
Dry Lake Trailhead at Dry Lake Horse Camp:
Travel 5 miles north of Florence, OR turn east onto Herman Peak Road for 3 miles, trailhead is on the left. Tent camping is available at the campground.
- Trailhead for Princess Tasha and Nelson Ridge Trails + access to rest
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.5 mb)
To use your mobile device's GPS to track your location on the map: Download the geospatial PDF (geoPDF), download and install an app, such as The Avenza Maps app, that reads geoPDFs. Learn more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps here.