This campground offers a variety of opportunities for campers including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, boating, and bird watching. Sites sit well above the river. The historic log pavilion was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1933 and is available for rent (see below).
Maximum of 9 people per site. There is space for 1 vehicle and 1 towed vehicle (such as a camper). Additional vehicles at the site require additional half fee and must park at site or overflow parking next to the pavilion. No ATVs allowed.
Solar powered well, electric well, hand-pump well
Outhouse (Vault style)
Concessionaire, 218-235-1299, host site near pavilion
The South Kawishiwi River Campground Pavilion is an enclosed beautiful log building constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1933. The CCC also constructed some of the log furniture still in use. The building and surrounding grounds are lovely settings for small weddings, family reunions, and other gatherings.
35 people fit comfortably within the rentable pavilion and more guests may be accommodated on the spacious lawn. Site also has an outdoor cooking area with large grill and 2 picnic tables. Pavilion has electricity.