Whether you are camping, renting the adjacent Hoover Group Site, planning on boating in Detroit Lake, or just staying for the day to fish off the accessible fishing pier, Hoover Campground is a great family location. Located near Highway 22, Hoover Campground gives you easy access to these activities and also allows for quick trips into Detroit or short drives to nearby trailheads.
At a Glance
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm or later
- Check-out time: 1:00 pm
Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777
- 16 First-come, first-serve campsites
- 20 Reservable campsites
||Boat ramp,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
||Campsite must be occupied every night paid
*Multiple Campsites have two tables*
- Single Campsites - $22 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $40 per night*
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||4/24 - 9/20/2015
- 14 day stay limit
- Maximum trailer length 30 feet
- Use of chainsaws in campground is prohibited
- Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times within the campground
- Idanha, Oregon (2.7 miles)
- Detroit, Oregon (3.7 miles)
||Vault Toilet (1); Flush Toilets (2)
||Passes allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites*
- Golden Age/Access Pass
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass
- No passes honored for day use fees.
||American Land & Leisure
||Detroit Ranger Station
From Detroit, Oregon, travel east on State Highway 22 for 2.7 miles to Blowout Road (FSR10).
From Idanha, Oregon, travel west on State Highway 22 for 0.7 miles to Blowout Road (FSR10).
Hoover Campground is ahead 1 mile on the right, just past FS Road #1003.
Firewood sold on site, fire rings
Interpretive nature trail, viewing/fishing platforms
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
Limited parking in campsites, but there is an overflow parking area near the entrance. If visiting for the day, please be aware that overnight campers have priority in the campsite parking.