Area Status: Closed
Santiam Flats Campground is located at the confluence of the North Santiam River along the shore of Detroit Lake. The 32 sites have picnic tables, grills and easy access to the vault toilets. Drinking water spigots are spread throughout the campground. Most campsites offer views of lake.
Visitors enjoy fishing, boating on the lake, and hiking on the nearby Stahlman Point Trail. Several hiking trails dot the area, including Stahlman Point Trail, which offers beautiful vistas of Detroit Lake and the surrounding area. The Hoover Nature Trail is an accessible, short footpath that delights many campers.
At a Glance
||Detroit Ranger District: Campground closed through April 27, 2017
||Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777. From April 28-May 4, 2017 and September 18-24, 2017 all sites are first-come first serve.
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
- Campsite must be occupied every night paid
- Single Campsites - $16 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $30 per night*
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- *Multiple Campsites have two tables*
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||4/28/2017 - 9/24/2017
- 14 day stay limit
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm or later. Check-out time: 1:00 pm
- Maximum trailer length 30 feet
- Use of chainsaws in campground is prohibited
- Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times within the campground
- Idanha, Oregon (
- Detroit, Oregon (2.6 miles)
||Vault Toilets (3)
||Interagency Senior and Access Passes (and the Golden Age and Access Passes) may receive a 50% discount on the use fee for individual campsites. This discount does not apply to extra vehicle fee or multiple campsites.
||American Land & Leisure
||Detroit Ranger Station
Firewood available at Hoover Campground
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
2.6 miles east of Detroit, Oregon
From Detroit, follow Highway 22 east for 2.6 miles to Blowout Road #10 on the right. Santiam Flats Campground is on the right.
Parking is limited within the campground. If visiting for the day, please be aware that overnight campers have priority in the campsite parking.