Area Status: Open
Santiam Flats Campground is located at the confluence of the North Santiam River and Detroit Lake.
With the addition of designated campsites, drinking water, and restrooms, Santiam Flats has regained popularity and become a great place for families to enjoy themselves for a weekend away.
At a Glance
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm or later
- Check-out time: 1:00 pm
||Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
||Campsite must be occupied every night paid
*Multiple Campsites have two tables*
- Single Campsites - $16 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $30 per night*
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||4/11/2016 - 9/25/2016
- 14 day stay limit
- Maximum trailer length 30 feet
- Use of chainsaws in campground is prohibited
- Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times within the campground
- Idanha, Oregon (
- Detroit, Oregon (2.6 miles)
||Vault Toilets (3)
||Passes allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites*
- Golden Age/Access Pass
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass
- No passes honored for day use fees.
||American Land & Leisure
||Detroit Ranger Station
Firewood available at Hoover Campground
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
2.6 miles east of Detroit, Oregon
From Detroit, follow Highway 22 east for 2.6 miles to Blowout Road #10 on the right. Santiam Flats Campground is on the right.
Parking is limited within the campground. If visiting for the day, please be aware that overnight campers have priority in the campsite parking.